Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023 was established by the Canadian government to provide funding for postdoctoral and PHD students who also wish to continue their degrees abroad. Priority will be given to students with strong scholastic records or merit based achievement for fellowships. Each year, fellowships will be awarded. In this article we give every information regarding this fellowship such as benefits, objective, required documents, eligibility criteria and application procedure.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023
The Banting postgraduate Fellowships were established by the Canadian government to enable academics who wish to continue postgraduate research and studies to do so after securing housing. The candidate will receive a salary of 70,000 CAD annually. A merit based process will be used to create the beneficiary list. After receiving the fellowship sums provided under the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships, Canadian students who wish to continue study in the fields of health, the natural sciences, engineering, social sciences or humanities will be able to do so. The scholarships will be awarded to approximately 70 students. The student will be eligible for this scholarship for two years.
Overview Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023
|Name Of The Fellowships||Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships|
|Launched By||Canadian Government|
|Objective||To provide a portal for higher or further studies|
|Benefit||Students will be able to pursue their further studies in Canada|
|Applicable To||Canadian Residents|
|Student Category||Students pursuing postdoctoral studies or Health Professional Degree|
|Beneficiary Limit||70 Fellows|
Objective for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023
The primary goal of establishing the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is to draw top tier PhD students or associates to pursue research based study at Canadian universities in order to enable them to develop their potential as future leaders. There will be about 70 scholars who are eligible for the stipend funds.
Benefits for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023
The benefits for this fellowship is given below:
- Many students will have the opportunity to seek professional degrees.
- After registering under the Banting research Fellowships, students who wish to continue research studies in Canada will be allowed to do so.
- Students will be able to hone any future leadership abilities.
- Providing that the student meets the requirements, the fellowship may be renewed.
- The students will have the chance to investigate their job pursuits in Canada as a result.
- On a yearly basis, fellowships will be awarded.
- For two years, the student will be eligible for this scholarship.
- The students will have the opportunity to apply for about 70 Fellowships.
Eligibility Criteria for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023
The Eligibility Criteria for this fellowship is given below:
- This scholarship will be open to both foreigners and Canadian residents.
- Students must be enrolled in doctoral or health related program.
- The student must be conducting study in the fields of engineering, social studies, humanities or health research.
- Students who already receive fellowship money through the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship will not receive any additional fellowship funding.
- The fellowship sum will only be awarded once in a person’s lifespan.
The documents needed for this fellowship is given below:
- The application must have Passport Size Photograph
- Student’s passport picture
- Certification and academic achievements from the previous year
- Copy of certified English language proficiency diploma
- Two letters of recommendation
Application Procedure of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023
- Verify your eligibility
- The applicant must make sure they meet all of the scholarship criteria.
- Contact the hosting organisation
- The organisation must be qualified.
- The applicant must verify the institution’s legitimacy.
- Candidates will receive two papers from the school, which they must submit through ResearchNet.
- Create a ResearchNet and Canadian Common CV (CCV) account.
- Create a CCV using the scholarly Vanier Banting template and connect it to ResearchNet.
- Launch the programme
- Determine the research topic.
- Complete the candidate’s profile and submit the required documents.
- The evaluations of three referees must be submitted by the candidate.
- Give all the information pertaining to the degree.
- Include any relevant details on the project along with any supporting documentation.
- Examine the documents and the application
- Accept the application and submit it the candidate will receive a message after a successful submission.
- Last but not least, make sure that all the documents adhere to the rules and regulations.
- For the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship, the selection procedure
- The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship eligible applications are all reviewed by the selection committee. The requests are first sorted and delivered to the relevant government funding bodies.
- To the CIHR Selection Committee shall be sent health research project submissions.
- Applications to the NSERC selection committee in the natural sciences or engineering
- Applications in the social sciences and/or humanities will be sent to the SSHRC selection committee.
- Three equally weighted selection criteria are used to determine which candidates will be chosen
- Based on past performance, the applicant’s superior research skills demonstrated leadership traits and research contributions to the target groups in the relevant subject.
- If completed successfully, the applicant’s planned research project’s effectiveness, potential and impact on society are likely to be credited to the research programme.
- The host institution’s emphasis on research and how it interacts with the applicant
- Following approval by the selection committee, the Vanier Banting Secretariat will notify the applicants of the results in February. An official decision letter is uploaded along with the relevant ResearchNet account.