Launch of the SCAR Antarctic Fellowship 2023 for early career academics by the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research. The SCAR scheme will follow the same rules as last year, but applicants will have the option to suggest fully or partly remote scholarships to account for the effect of COVID-19 related travel limitations. More than 60 SCAR Fellowships have been given out as a result of the scheme. In this article we give information regarding this scholarship such as required documents, objectives, benefits, eligibility criteria and application procedure.
SCAR Antarctic Fellowship 2023
The SCAR Fellowship Programme was established by the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research in 2002. Early career scholars are encouraged to actively contribute to advancing our knowledge of Antarctica through the SCAR program. Only career services are given the opportunity to join a project team from another nation through the fellowship, which opens up new possibilities and frequently forges relationships that last for many years, including this season’s Antarctica hunt. The SCAR Fellowship Program is primarily for PHD. students, or those who have not yet received their PHD to carry out research at significant international laboratories, field facilities, and institutes in or run by SCAR member countries with the aim of exposing them to recent advancements in research and to develop long term scientific links and partnerships.
Overview SCAR Antarctic Fellowship 2023
|Conducted by||Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research|
|Name of fellowship||SCAR Antarctic Fellowship 2023|
|Objective||To encourage the active involvement of early career researchers|
|Benefits||Up to USD $15,000 per award|
|Eligibility criteria||The Ph.D. degree holder|
Objective for SCAR Antarctic Fellowship 2023
The goal is to encourage early career researcher’s active participation in Antarctic scientific research, foster new relationships and further develop global capability and collaboration in Antarctic research.
Benefits for SCAR Antarctic Fellowship 2023
The benefits for this fellowship is given below:
- For 2022, SCAR Fellowship will give four to five residencies, each worth up to $15,000.
- Up to 3 or 4 prizes may be given to the scholars.
- The domestic expenses will be covered by the local institute e.g. visa costs, domestic travel.
- The hosting school will pay any bench costs.
The Eligibility Criteria for this fellowship is given below:
- A Career Researcher is required to apply.
- The candidate must live in the UK permanently.
- The career scholar must be engaged in Antarctic study related study.
- After five years of employment in any study area, the fellow must be in possession of a Ph.D.
The documents needed for this fellowship is given below:
- The application must have Analysis Proposal
- Agreement with the Home Institute and Reference
- Host Institution Contract
- Research proposal statement
- No Objection Certificate (NOC)
- a copy of the greatest degree diploma available
- current visa
- Most recent CV
- Acceptance Letter
- Reprints of two recent publications from reputable journals
Applying Procedure of SCAR Antarctic Fellowship 2023
No such information has been obtained by using social networking tools because this scholarship has only recently been established. We will keep you informed through this article as soon as any information regarding the application process necessary to apply online for the India Science Research Fellowship is made available in the absence of such information, applicants can consult the Official Website.